Adjustment Disorder 309.9 - Unspecified

If I was counseling myself, that is the diagnosis I would assign.  Adjustment Disorder 309.9 unspecified.  That means that I am going through an adjustment in life that is bigger than our everyday adjustments and challenges and one that is probably part of the reason to seek counseling in the first place.  I think there should be a specifier for people who throw themselves into an adjustment disorder state of being on a regular basis.  like this Adjustment Disorder 309.95 - Self Inflicted.  That would be my real diagnosis.

What am I adjusting to you ask?  Well, I have recently been hired back by my old boss to do marketing again for golf courses.  This is part time, and I can work from home except one day per week when I need to go into the office.  I also just rented space and opened Empower Bodywork & Personal Coaching, which is my massage and life coaching business.  I have a few coaching clients and am hoping that my old massage clients will come back to me.  I have a beautiful office in Bankers Hill which I am SOOOO excited about.  It is an office with 6 rooms that are shared among wellness practitioners:  counselors, acupuncturists, massage therapists etc.  It will be so fun to be taking private clients again, I can't wait for it to ramp up.

Oh, you're probably wondering what I plan to do with the babies when I go into the office one day a week for the marketing job.  Well, Evan and I hired a nanny!  Woohooo!!!! She is so wonderful.  She comes to the apartment and watches the babies one day a week.  That is a full 8 hours that mommy gets to herself.  4 hours of that will be going to the office, then the other 4 are for me to do whatever I want to do.  Run errands, work out, take clients, go to a coffee shop, SLEEP, get a pedicure.  I mean anything.  I could drive up the coast for two hours and back down again if I wanted to.  Yeay!  To be clear, I'm not thrilled to leave Olivia and Wyatt for 8 hours, but the thought of having a little "me time" is so exciting I don't even know what to do with myself.

The process of finding a nanny was a treat.  I first started out thinking I would enroll the kids in part time daycare.  Well you can't put kids in daycare just one day per week, the minimum is 2 days.  2 days per week for twins at a mediocre daycare is over $1000 per month, which we can't afford right now, unless Wyatt and Olivia have been secretly working for the government all this time and stashing the money in their crib mattress.  (highly unlikely) One in home daycare I visited, the owner told me that she had to be up front and let me know that she is on parole with the daycare licensing board because of how many times she has been reported to CPS.  Um, no thank you crazy, I want my kids to live past their 1st birthday.  Another in home daycare was pure heaven.  The owners taught Spanish and French, made baby books for the kids, taught them to garden, provided one night a month of daycare for the kids so mommy and daddy could get out.  It also cost more than our rent each month, so unfortunately between the two daycare's the babies would have to have gone Hunger Games style at the CPS ladies house.
Well, instead of sending them into the daycare battlefield, I went to good ol' Craigslist and posted an ad for a nanny.  We got a few real good responses, here is a clip from one of my favorites:

   "I like to roller blade, being active, I went to school to apply make-up,  I like to read books, I like pets     but not snakes, and rats. (Hamsters are okay). I am responsible, on time, dedicated, I am positive, and a very hard worker. Please call me!"

Don't worry, we didn't hire her, although it sure was tempting....
We ended up hiring Jen, the most perfect candidate.  She has her own 9 year old twin daughters, and was recently laid off from her job.  She immediately connected with Olivia and Wyatt.  Wyatt is, of course, in love with her.  He gets all giggly and googly eyed when she comes over.  Olivia has warmed up to her and actually CRIED when Jen left yesterday, she CRIED!  I couldn't believe it.  Hi, remember me, I'm your mom.  Uggh.  Anyway, the kids love her and so do I.

Evan found a crib online for us to go pick up in Ramona.  Ramona is 40 miles east, into the mountains.  We picked it up on the hottest day ever.  We drove all the way out there and upon first attempt, the crib didn't fit into the car.  Finally the guy selling it to us said, Oh, we can probably take the legs off this part here.  And that was it!  It finally fit into the car.  The front seats pushed all the way forward, parts sticking out each of the back windows and Evan holding a lap full of stuff we had to take out of the trunk.
Once we very carefully drove home and got the crib inside, we found that both cribs did not fit in the nursery along with the rocking chairs and changing table.  We had to switch rooms with the babies.  Now the babies sleep in the "master bedroom" and we are in the tiny bedroom that fits only our bed and dresser... barely.  I'm happy though that Wywy and Liv have their own cribs and a nice big room.  Yeay!

 Evan is doing great.  He is the newest member of the social committee at work.  His first order of business is to get the office to take a half day and go to a Padres game.  Sounds like a good plan to me!


Lately, Wyatt is popping out another tooth on the bottom, so he is drooling and crying more than usual.  He is getting up on all fours and just sitting there, then he falls to his tummy and cries.  He hates being on his stomach.  Olivia has two top teeth and two bottom ones, she is so SO close to crawling.  Both babies can stand for a little while by themselves when they are holding onto something which is fun to see.  I am loving this age.  They are so cuddly and cute and they think Evan and I are just so funny.  They want to be close to us all the time and it feels great :)

In other news, where the heck is flight 370?  Strangest thing ever.  Evan and I spend time each night sharing theories.  So bizarre.  

Ok, here is the latest pic from today's trip to Target
Love, Bree, Evan, Wyatt and Olivia 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Showers...

Why I'm blogging again

Gender Reveal Video