Sweating for the Wedding

It's crunch time.  The wedding is 6 weeks away, and I need to lose 20 lbs to get to my "pre baby weight".  hahahahaha.  Kidding.  Well not really, but I lost the dream of "pre baby body" a long time ago, so now I just try to work out to feel better and relieve stress.  I have started replacing 1 meal a day (it's supposed to be 2, but that's too hard) with a smoothie of my own invention.  Today it was 1.5 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk, half an apple, two handfulls of spinach and a tablespoon of rolled oats.  yesterday it was similar, sub kale and a banana and probably a reeses cup or something.  

I hate dieting, but I learned in high school that the best way to lose weight in a hurry is to go on a liquid diet.  My best friend and I did the "soup" diet for weeks before prom.  We looked amazing, but no one liked us because our bitch factor rose with exponential fury when we were hungry.  

Anyway, I want my kids to be happy about their bodies and to think of eating and exercising as healthy lifestyle choices, not as a means to extreme weight loss.  So I am very careful of what I say around them, what I eat around them, how I exercise and how I talk about exercise.  Evan and I have a YMCA membership, so we have been starting to go work out again more often.  

Pre-babies, I used to run and work out frequently.  I competed in races and was proud of the many "finisher medals" I had displayed (as most obnoxious competitors do).  These days are different, and that is ok.  I think what is most important is remembering that it is not just ok, but actually healthy for Evan and I to take time away to go work out.  We need that sanity time.  We need that rush of whatever hormone hits you when your legs are about to fall off mid-run.  We need and deserve it, and HAVE to make time for it.  Plus, I need to live long enough to see how amazing these little people are going to be.  

Both babies have been teething again.  I know this because of the excessive crying and irritability.  They are probably also going through a growth spurt as evidenced by the loads of food they eat and long hours they sleep.  Wyatt wakes up from a nap and is immediately tired again, rubbing his eyes, biting me, crying and throwing tantrums.  It's really fun.  

We've had a few pretty fun weekends lately.  A baby shower for a friend, an invite to watch t
he Padres vs. Giants from our friends condo that overlooks the stadium, etc... been good.  Below are some pictures.  that's about all I have for now.  Love and smoothies :)
Olivia and I at our friends baby shower
Evan & Liv at our friends condo for Padres vs. GIANTS!!

Olivia giving Wyatt a back massage.  She's practicing to be a massage therapist just like her mommy!
Evan and Wyatt at the baby shower

Wyatt being a silly guy



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Showers...

Why I'm blogging again

Gender Reveal Video