Why I'm blogging again

I'm not even sure where to begin with this post.  Almost 3 years have gone by since the last post, and as you can imagine, a few things have changed.

Every once in a while, someone says "Bree, why aren't you blogging anymore?" and then I have to take a deep breath so that I don't punch them in the face: then I think: "Well, it's hard to find time between moving to Alaska, having 3 kids, two-ish jobs, trying to start my own business & recovering from cancer and 4 surgeries you idiot." But usually, I say "eh, not enough time."

I love writing, but honestly, I don't usually have time to write the long blog posts that I want to, which has pushed me towards quick Facebook posts, as opposed to blogging.  BUT what I love about family blogging, is that I have this amazing record of our family life, so here I am.  The goal now, is to use my blog to make mostly "Facebook type" posts, with the occasional "omigod the kids are all quiet at the same time, I have 10 minutes to write about life..." post.

Because it is apropos to put my life on blast on social media, I'm going to look back through my posts over the past couple of years, to give you the "Cliffs notes" version of life.
(For the record, I googled "cliffs notes" because I didn't know if there was an "s" or not, anyway, the first thing that popped up was "Cliffs notes lord of the flies", so to all you middle school teachers out there, no one is actually reading the book.)  So this will be a mix of photos and posts that are too good to leave on Facebook alone...
MMMMMMMK, let's do this:

April 2015:  Moved to Sitka, Alaska (long story).  Evan drove with the cats.  He stayed in Seattle with friends, and the cats went crazy and climbed between their bathroom vanity and the wall, so they had to REMOVE THEIR BATHROOM VANITY to get the cats out.  Meanwhile, Heather Bauman and I flew up with the twins, and this pic was taken about 5 minutes before I was crying and yelling at the flight attendant because she asked me why olivia was crying so much.  Wrong question lady, wrong question.



Sitka is beautiful





We hike a lot





April 2015: Olivia taught herself how to pick up Cheerios with her toes.  Thinking that will be a good "talent" for toddler pageants. 


Wyatt's first haircut!


April 2015

Because it would be a shame to miss that Butt shake...




April 2015:  I started working at Youth Advocates of Sitka as a mental health clinician, and Evan got the most WONDERFUL job with Alaska Airlines.

Wyatt's first haircut!

May 2015
Work is hard:
The best way to start the morning is by looking down and seeing a stain on the front of my shirt during a staff meeting.  2nd week on the job.

May 24, 2015
Nana Val is still learning how to Face Time

June 2015
I just said to the twins "Nope, don't touch the dog poop.  The only turds you can bring to me are your own."

So there's that...

July 4th 2015 
The kids thought the parade was for them


July 2015
All Smiles

July 2015 A family that yoga's together....



August 13th 2015
That's our kids, front page of the daily newspaper.  Taking Sitka by storm!

(Sentinel photo by James Poulson)



August 17, 2015
Woah how crazy is this...3 years ago on this exact day, Evan and I took our first vacation together, to Seattle.  Back again 3 years later and with twins.  Life is strange.


August 2015:  The twins potty trained!



September 2015:  Wyatt has aspirations:

Evan"Hey Wyatt, what do you want to be when you grow up?"
Wyatt:  "A hot dog."

September 2015:
Things I said today:
"Olivia, stop eating deoderant"
and 
"Wyatt, who taught you to pound knucks?"
Thing
October 2015
We bought a kayak!
 


December 13th 2015
Just a little something Olivia figured out this morning

December 26, 2015:  SNOW DAY!
























OK, this is way more fun than I thought it would be.  I just finished 2015, so I'll start on the next post that will be 2016, and a third will finish 2017, but I'm sure you could have guessed that...

Love Love
B & Fam


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Showers...

Gender Reveal Video