We Have Crawlers!

I've been over thinking these blog posts.  I sit down tonight to do some work for my marketing job, but I wasn't feeling motivated to do that.  Instead I thought ok, I'll write a blog post... but I don't really have much to say.  That's a lie!  I have some great things to tell you about.

First and foremost, we have crawlers!  The babies turned 8 months old yesterday and today, as if they were watching and waiting on an 8 month countdown, they began to crawl.  Just a couple little crawls, they don't do much before laying on their belly's and crying.  Or in the case of Olivia, she just rolls everywhere.  Rolling is faster than crawling.  She's an innovator.

Martha Speaks
Wyatt still has only two and a half teeth, while Olivia has about 6 or so.  Wyatt is sleeping a little better at night.  We are up with him anywhere from 2-6 times per night.  It's usually 10pm, 2 or 3am, 4am and either 5 or 6am.  Evan gets up with them in the morning so I can catch an extra hour of sleep.  Those three watch some cartoons and sometimes the news.  They love the cartoons "Martha Speaks"about a talking dog,
Peep and the Big Wide World










  "Peep and the Big Wide World" (narrated by Joan Cusak)

Pocoyo





and "Pocoyo" which is a 10 minute short toon.



When I say "the babies favorite cartoons" I mean Evan and my favorite cartoons.  We say things like "did you see the episode where Martha started speaking backwards?  haha so funny.  How about the episode of Pocoyo where he loses the camera, what a good one..."  Such is the life of parents.

Ok other than that, I'm not sure what else has been happening.  I am hitting burn out stage again.  My mom AKA. Nanna Val, comes into town on Thursday and I am SO SO looking forward to it.  Evan and I need a break and I can't wait for the babies to see her.  They have so much to show her!

I will leave you with a funny story:
While I am feeding the babies lunch in their high chairs, sometimes I like to put on nice calming music.  I have Pandora (a music app) on my phone, so I turn it on today and was flipping through stations to find something we haven't listened to before.  Sometimes Pandora offers "suggested stations".  One station they suggested to me was Young Sleep.  I thought, oh nice, I will put this on and get the babies all calmed down for nap time.  Well apparently "Young Sleep" wasn't a station of baby bedtime tunes, but rather the station for a rap artist named Young Sleep who has a lovely little song titled "F&$K Faces" which started playing on my phone.  Before I could really realize what was happening, he had used about 10 words the babies had never heard before.  I was mortified!  I all but threw the phone across the room trying to stop the song.  If our kids turn into degenerates, I blame Young Sleep.
And with that, here are a few pictures of the little ones:
Love from all of us
Olivia loves to give kisses

Yoga baby - cobra

The moment Wyatt realizes that he is the boy in the mirror


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Showers...

Why I'm blogging again

Gender Reveal Video