Short and Sweet

I will keep this post short.  There is not much to report except that the babies are doing wonderful.  I go to Alta Bates twice a week where they hook me up to a dopplar that listens to babies heartbeats and one that measures my contractions.  Their heartbeats are strong time after time, and my braxton hicks (fake) contractions are happening frequently.  Below is a picture of how they strap on the dopplar to listen to babies.
All hooked up listening to babies heartbeats

Just in the past couple of days my real contractions have gotten stronger, more painful and more frequent.  I was up much of last night dealing with them.  The doctor says if drinking water and laying down helps soothe them then I am ok, and not in labor.  Once they get to be regular and don't go away then I'll get myself to the hospital.  I am also starting to swell more than normal these days.  I can't wear my rings anymore, and my feet only fit into certain shoes.  Not fair, I like to accessorize and wear cute shoes.

Evan and I have been trying to get all baby things in place so that everything is accessible for us when the babies arrive.  Jinx, our cat, is kind enough to inspect our changes before things are fully set up.  I'm sure she's checking for safety... she has high standards.  

checking out the bookshelf which now holds baby toys and blankets

What babies, this bassinet is for me right?
I will leave you with a cute story.  My friend Tanya in San Diego has a two and a half year old daughter named Catalina who I just love and held the night she was born.  I was on the phone with Tanya tonight and Cat was right there with her.  Tanya says "Cat, Auntie Bree is making you two babies to play with, are you excited?"  Cat says "Babies?  Can she make one purple?"  So there it is.  I told her I would do my best to make her a purple baby to play with.  
 
Here is one last photo.  This is my belly photo for week 34. 

Love Bree, Evan and babies

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Showers...

Why I'm blogging again

Gender Reveal Video