Happy Easter

I haven't written recently.  It has been a busy few weeks.  I started my new internship and feel that it is a great fit for me right now.  I will be running group sessions including an art therapy group on Fridays!  They are also planning to have me rip through as many intakes as possible.  There is a waiting list of folks who need services.  Mental health intake sessions for people with substance abuse and mental illness is a very in depth process including diagnosis and filling out all of the Medical forms such that the site can charge the state for services.  I am excited to get all of that experience.  

Evan did great in his Half Marathon coming in right around 2 hours.  He isn't satisfied with his time though and is thinking about running the Giants half marathon later this year.  If that is the case, next time I'm cheering him on, I'll have two babies in tow!

Evan and I celebrated Easter today.  We went to service this morning at a church that is across the street from our apartment.  I have tried quite a few churches in Alameda in the couple of years I've been out here and so far I like this one the best.  It is an Episcopal church - I don't know much about Episcopalians, but it was reminiscent of the Catholic church I used to go to at home.

The rest of our Easter was relaxing.  Evan watched baseball while I did homework.  We had a really fantastic dinner this evening that I was proud of, so took some pictures to share.  I roasted a chicken, made a roasted brussel sprout, almond, apple and avocado side dish and then cheesecake for dessert... we ate like royalty.











Oh, you're probably wondering how the pregnancy is going hey?  Well I'm in week 20 at the moment.  The half way point.  I've been feeling great!  I have recently started to get heartburn which is new to me.  I love Tums, and keep them close by.  I also have noticed low back pain and sciatica when I sit for too long.  Stretching, doing yoga and walking all help with that though, so I'm managing just fine.

On Monday the 25th, we had our second ultrasound.  Evan unfortunately couldn't leave work for this one, which is too bad because it was AMAZING!  It was my first time seeing the babies when they look like more than a peanut blob.  I knew they both had been moving around quite a bit in there, but seeing it on the screen was mind blowing.  They are situated above and below my belly button, and they roll, kick, punch and flip like they are little stuntmen.  The nurse pointed out all the major organs and limbs.  Yes, we have 4 arms, 4 legs, 20 fingers and toes, pumping hearts and normal looking brains (from what I, in my "professional" opinion can tell).  The nurse could see the gender, but I had her write gender down in three separate cards that I promptly closed up and sent off to my parents, Evan's parents and the woman who is putting on our San Diego baby shower.  The gender will be revealed to us during the shower on April 13th, so if you know the gender SHHHHHH do not let it slip!  We want to be surprised.  We have a doctor appointment this Friday where doc will tell us if everything is looking good and normal so far.  I'll let you know how that goes.  Until then, here are our babies first real pictures!  Aren't they good looking???

Baby A
Baby B
The last picture I have is my week 19 photo.  I'm growing by the second, I'll have week 20 up soon too.
Week 19

Hope you all had a great Easter weekend,
With love, Bree and Evan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Showers...

Why I'm blogging again

Gender Reveal Video