Week 17 Doctor Appointment

This morning Evan and I were up bright and early (and tired because of the time change) for our week 17 doctor appointment.  We went into the room together and the nurse said "ok Breanne, hop on the scale." so I did and jokingly told Evan to turn away.  I've avoided telling him my weight this whole time, as it's not one of my favorite numbers.  So the nurse walks over to her computer on the other side of the room from the scale, turns to me and says "Well, what does it say?"  I'm sorry, what?  You want me to vocally tell you my weight in front of my boyfriend?  This is humiliating and I wanted to preface the number by saying, "We're all adults here, please no laughing and let's keep in mind that I'm growing two human beings inside of me ok?"  Let's not focus on the fact that each baby at this point weighs less than 6 ounces for a grand total of less than 1 pound of human growing in there... that's beside the point.  So anyway I begrudgingly told the nurse my weight, and then glared at her hoping she would burst into flames.

We waited a little bit before the doctor came in.  It was the same doctor I had last time and I really like him. He said all of my blood results came back fine - nothing alarming, no low numbers/high numbers, no gestational diabetes, no hypertension.  Everything looked good.

The doctor had me lay down and pulled up my shirt so he could use the doppler to listen to the babies heartbeats.  He pushed around on my stomach to feel whatever doctors feel when they do that and he said, "wow, you got big."  Again, thank you for those kind and encouraging words.  He did a quick doppler listen so we could hear the babies heartbeats.  Yes we heard two (thank God) this means that neither of the babies ate the other one - as I had previously feared after reading about the "vanishing twin syndrome".

Overall he said there isn't anything to worry about, things seem to be going along well.  If we have any concerns they are just a phone call away.  We got information on taking a hospital tour so we can see the type of room I will be delivering in and will know what to expect.  We have the ultrasound scheduled on the 25th and then another doctor appointment on April 5th where we will go over the ultrasound results and discuss what he can see in there.  That should be a good appointment.

That's all folks, have a great evening!
Love Bree and Evan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Showers...

Why I'm blogging again

Gender Reveal Video