Almost Half Way

Evan and I just got back from a nice long walk.  We live about a mile from the beach, so we walked down and back before dinner.  I can't believe that about 7 or 8 months ago I was training to run a half marathon, and now a two mile walk FEELS like a half marathon!

We're half way through week 17, and almost half way through a 40 week pregnancy!  By now the babies have learned to swallow, suck and blink.  They might even get the hiccups!  They are getting better with their arm and leg movements, which I can vouch for because every now and again I feel them move around in there.  Right now it feels like muscle twitches deep inside my belly, or like butterflies in my stomach, but I'm pretty sure it's those little ones shifting and moving to fight for space.

Tomorrow morning Evan and I have a Dr. Appointment.  We will get blood test results back from the 17 viles they took a while back.  I'm not sure what else they do at this appointment, but I will report back once it's all done.

Our next ultrasound is scheduled for March 25th.  We're hoping that the doctor can see the babies gender by that time.  If they can, we're going to have them write the gender down on three cards.  One will be sent to each of our families and one will be sent to my friend Tanya in San Diego who is responsible for the big gender reveal at our San Diego baby shower on April 13th.

I can't wait!

Evan is learning a ton of great information from a book he's reading about becoming a dad.  He's full of good tips and statistics like "Bree did you know that 1 in 4 women carrying twins is on bedrest for a month before they give birth?" and when I complain about feeling fat he says "Well you just wait, you'll gain a pound a week between weeks 16 and 20."  He also has actual helpful information, like what we need to pack in the bag to take to the hospital, and how he can help keep me calm and feeling good by rubbing my back :)  I like that one.  We're both reading books and learning like crazy, which is fun.

Finally, we are registered at Babies R Us under both the last names Kulis and Sutton.  We're totally winging it when it comes to the registry.  We have lists upon lists of what "typical" registry items are, but I honestly have no idea what to register for, so if it seems necessary or looks fun, I've probably registered for it.  If it's not on there it could be because I've become overwhelmed with registering and wish that I had a personal shopper to do this all for me.  I'm happy to take any advice on items that I should add or remove from the registry.

Have a good night everyone, enjoy daylight savings time!
Love Bree and Evan

Week 17 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Showers...

Why I'm blogging again

Gender Reveal Video