A Little R&R

This past weekend my best friend Carise from Minnesota came out to visit.  We have been best friends since we were two.  As the story goes, we crawled to one another in Early Childhood class, and have been inseparable ever since.  She also happens to be pregnant and oddly enough, our due dates are 4 days apart!  I know, it blew our minds too.

In the chaos of school, internship, work and being pregnant, it was wonderful to have Carise here for the weekend.  I did my best to put life on hold and become a tourist.  Carise got a hotel downtown by Union Square, because as you can imagine, our studio is not best suited for visitors to stay.  It was perfect, we walked all over the city, explored Alamo Square, Chinatown (which just so happened to be during the Chinese New Year celebrations) and Union Square.  We ate everything in sight, and soaked up as much sun as possible.  On Friday night Evan came to dinner with Carise and I.  We went to Osha Thai and had a delicious meal.  Apparently my body is not handling thai food well right now, as I woke up in the middle of the night with a stomachache, rash on both of my arms and hives on my face.  I was breathing fine and the rash wasn't covering my body, so I decided to sleep on it.  I was clear by the morning, but will be staying away from thai food for a while.  Overall, we had a wonderful weekend, and I'm bummed that she had to go so soon.  
The Painted Ladies of Alamo Square,  San Francisco


Overnight my belly has popped out - I guess the babies didn't want to keep their presence a secret any longer.  I am working on drinking as much water as possible because I've noticed my skin getting dry and my lips getting blistered, chapped and cracking.  I also bought two new stretchy skirts because now only one pair of my jeans still fit.

My sister sent Evan and I books on parenting and having twins.  We were excited to read these because we haven't bought any for ourselves yet.  As it turns out, the babies do not infuse me with knowledge about how to care for myself and for them... that's a disappointment, I was hoping that I would miraculously have all the answers, and in fact I do not.

In the book, I read about something called a "vanishing twin", and then I panicked.  I guess you can have an early ultrasound that shows twins and then in a later ultrasound, there will only be one!!!  The second could be miscarried, or well, who knows what happens to it, but it can vanish.  My next ultrasound isn't until March 25th, and in this case, knowledge is not power, it is what makes my mind race and keeps me awake at night.  Thank God I have Evan who listens to my crazy rants and fears and then kindly reminds me that everything will be ok and I need to chill out.  I need that sometimes.    

I don't yet have a good picture of my 15 week body, I'll have Evan take one soon.  Until then, I realized that I haven't posted a picture of our first ultrasound!  Here is a pic of the little ones, taken somewhere around week 7 or 8.
Baby 1 and Baby 2

I've procrastinated on doing homework long enough.  Now back to the fascinating world of addictions counseling (she says sarcastically)...

With Love,
Bree and Evan

Week 15


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Showers...

Why I'm blogging again

Gender Reveal Video