Six and a half months

Oops, it's been a while since I have written.  Evan and I took a tour of our hospital, which we are both glad we did.  It was comforting to see the rooms and the floor that I will be giving birth on.  The hospital is in Berkeley and has 4 different gardens that I can walk around in early in the labor process.  Those will also be nice for Evan to get some fresh air and any visitors we have.

We also had another ultrasound and a doctors appointment.  This was the first ultrasound that Evan could come to, but I was pretty bummed because the babies were both facing back towards my spine and they weren't moving as much as the first time.  We did not get a good view of their profiles or faces, although you could see their little arms and legs kicking for space.  They were situated with both of their heads together on my right side and feet over to the left.  Baby boy is 1.9 pounds and baby girl is 1.8 pounds.  Their organs all are looking good, weight and size are right where they should be too!

This doctors appointment, I had a different doctor, since this clinic works using teams of doctors.  The woman was great though, I heard their heartbeats, and she went over some blood test results.  That was it, pretty standard.  The doctor wants to see me every other week now though, to monitor things.  They are watching for high blood pressure, swelling, contractions.  Anything that is a sign of distress or early labor.

Overall, I'm still feeling pretty good!  I am starting to get really REALLY tired again.  If I can't fit in a nap sometime during the day it's a tragedy and I'm complaining and in bed at about 8pm.  Acid reflux has become an issue too.  I have a bottle of tums by my bed and I carry them with me wherever I go.

Things at my internship have gotten pretty intense this past week, so I am focusing on keeping my stress as low as possible.  I am almost done with school now too!  I have this upcoming week of finals and then I'm free and clear (Thank God).

Evan has been so easygoing and flexible with me and my moods.  Last night we went grocery shopping, I wasn't feeling too well - a little light headed and purely exhausted.  When we got home, he put away all of the groceries, did the dishes and made dinner!  What a guy, I'm so lucky :)

Tomorrow is my very first Mother's day!  I am meeting my friend Tanya for breakfast and then going to the Giants game with my friend Sarah.  Evan already had a commitment all day, but we'll get to have dinner together tomorrow night which will be nice.

In just 3 weeks, my parents are coming out to visit!  I'm excited that they are coming to my graduation ceremony and then will be here for our San Francisco baby shower as well.  My friends throwing this shower are including me in the planning process, it's been fun to help plan the food, drinks and activities.  I'm pretty excited to celebrate again with friends from out here.  Should be a good time!

Well I think that's about all the news I have for now.  I can't believe I'm already 6 and a half months pregnant!  I've been bad lately at taking weekly bump pictures, but below is a picture from last week.

Love Evan and Bree

The belly at week 25



Jinx favorite spot to sleep when we take a nap together.  She likes to knead on my belly like she's giving the babies a  little kitty massage.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Showers...

Why I'm blogging again

Gender Reveal Video