The video below is of Evan and I cutting the cake at our baby shower to find out the gender of our babies. So glad we have this on video, it was such an amazing experience!
Enjoy!
If I was counseling myself, that is the diagnosis I would assign. Adjustment Disorder 309.9 unspecified. That means that I am going through an adjustment in life that is bigger than our everyday adjustments and challenges and one that is probably part of the reason to seek counseling in the first place. I think there should be a specifier for people who throw themselves into an adjustment disorder state of being on a regular basis. like this Adjustment Disorder 309.95 - Self Inflicted. That would be my real diagnosis. What am I adjusting to you ask? Well, I have recently been hired back by my old boss to do marketing again for golf courses. This is part time, and I can work from home except one day per week when I need to go into the office. I also just rented space and opened Empower Bodywork & Personal Coaching , which is my massage and life coaching business. I have a few coaching clients and am hoping that my old massage c...
** Warning, this is going to be a long post, so shut off the TV, get out your reading glasses and a cup of tea. I think I've been having tiny little panic attacks. That might be catastrophising things, but sometimes it's just hard to breathe for a few minutes. Stress is high these days. I'm pretty sure it's the kind of stress I am putting on myself, which I know because I think un-normal things like "Sleep is so annoying, I don't know why I have to waste time sleeping." and "I should write a book". I mean, comeon. How's the diet going you ask? Don't even get me started, we had donuts for breakfast. I've actually realized that I need to be appreciated, and until the babies came, I was regularly appreciated at work or at school because I am an overachiever and would go above and beyond to gain kudos. Now I am appreciated in a completely different way by Evan, the babies and both of our families. It feels different though. ...
As all of you parents know, coming up with dinner ideas to keep the fam excited, is hard to do. it is even harder if you have someone who has food restrictions, or, like me, is just trying to eat healthier. Almost every day, Evan says "what's for dinner?" and 1 of two things happen. I irritably reply "I don't know Evan, why don't you help me think of something?" Or, I say "I'm not sure, baby, let me find something that looks good." and then this leads into a 2 hour sort through Pinterest - the black hole of all websites, followed by a 3 store grocery shopping extravaganza to find all the right ingredients. The question came up the other night, and as I was milling about my "food fantasies" pin board, I found a Shepherds Pie that looked like a big warm hug. Big warm hugs of food are what make me pack on weight like a bear heading into hibernation, so I thought I'd try a lighter version. The good news is - it was AMA...
Comments
Post a Comment