Rest For The Weary

For all of you parents out there, you know the dream.  Going away for a few days to a luxury resort and leaving the kids at home.  Well, I don't want to brag, but I am Living.  That.  Dream.  Right.  NOW!  I never get to travel for work, but for three days this week, my company has flown the whole team here to San Diego and are putting us up (yes even the locals) in a fancy resort for some conferences.

When we were told about this mandatory staycation, I was so angry and irritated.  I did not want to leave Evan alone with the twins for 3 days.  Not because he is anything short of amazing with them, but let's be honest, I have control issues, and worry that Evan has not perfected the art of chaos as well as I have.  I thought that they would lay in their cribs at night and talk about how they were going to overthrow daddy while mommy was gone.  A piece of me worried that the babies would think that I abandoned them, and I really love waking up in the morning when Evan brings one of the twins in and lays them on me, so I wake up to this enormous slobbery smile and usually a slap on the cheek or a finger in my eye.

The room is nothing short of fantastic.  The patio looks out over palm trees and a beautifully manicured lawn with a sculpture garden.  A good place for me to drink coffee and contemplate life's mysteries.  The bathroom itself is bigger than the first studio apartment I ever lived in, and it has a soaking tub that I spent a good 45 minutes in last night.      

We had a really wonderful team dinner last night, then I came back to the room, put on some spa music, took a long hot bath, set up my breakfast room service request, then hopped in bed.  I had a hard time falling asleep because Evan wasn't next to me, and the twins were not a room away.  I finally fell asleep and slept hard.  I woke up at the usual times and each time, had moments of panic - not immediately recognizing where I was.  Then I woke up with the birds at 6am.  I made some espresso, watched a little news, and am going to shower before my breakfast arrives.  Conferences start at 10am.

I really REALLY am loving this treatment, but it honestly would be better with little ones running around and Evan next to me.  I thought about him a lot last night and wanted him to be eating the fancy dinner with me, sleeping on the plush bed, sharing the patio view.  

Until he and I can stay in a 5 star resort together though, I will have to take the hit, and enjoy this all by myself.  Enjoy some desperately needed alone time.

My personal contemplation patio


Beautiful sunset at the resort
Evan and the kids playing with Duplos from Uncle Lucas!
Wyatt and Mommy the other morning












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Showers...

Why I'm blogging again

Gender Reveal Video